Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Loitering (should have brought Noah along)



Yesterday, an old friend of mine mentioned something sweet. Something about this blog and the fact that I should write a book. You are too kind my friend, too kind I tell you. She also said that reading my blog is something that she looks forward to at the end of the week. Uh.uh. Apart from making me rasa terharu, it also makes me feel lousy for not updating more frequently. So girl, I am going full throttle from now on, just for you, semua benda nak tulis, tapi apa mau tulis dulu ya. (kalau by the end of the week dah luke warm tu harap maaf ya)

So my passport mati daaa. About 3 weeks ago. I had today planned for ages because ye la, timing is everything with Noah and getting the passport renewed today was so important sebab mau pergi United States of A next week ni. Nak holiday in Chicago, rumah Dhadi. I know, macam cartoon kan, she came here and then we go there. My dad would have a great sound effect just for that . "poooo gih..pooooo maghi". (repeat 3x to get the real effect). We are going because his uncles and aunts in America haven't seen him yet and he is already a year an a bit. Overused, but "he grows up so quickly" kan . Baru hari tu weaning sekarang dah makan nasi lauk ayam. Siap direct tangan Mummy suruh gaul then masuk mulut dia, diri sendiri tamau sentuh food. Aiyoooo.

So today I went to the Embassy in London. I took the train after sending Noah to his nursery. Biasalah mogok seeing me leave but now, as soon as I close the door behind me, terus senyap. Airmata hanya lakonan semata ya Noah.

They took my passport pictures there because the background has to be blue. After the 'adik' took my picture, he turned the camera around to ok it with me. Hoh, shivers tau. I must have aged 10 years since my last passport pictures. Also my hair looked like I have been through a wind tunnel tak pun iras mergastua geriatric. " Ok tak kak?" he asked me. Loh apa kakak nak cakap? Make me look 10 years younger please Gok? maybe he saw my disappointment, he offered solution siap " Kita boleh tangkap lagi sekali kak". Oh jadi adik ni setuju la kakak rupa macam kena putar dengan puting beliung. So kakak ni malas, ok aje lah that picture, but inside I was a little bit gundah.

So I had about 4 hours before I could pick up the new passport. No choice but to loiter. Must have been a good loiter because I ended up in Harvey Nichols. I am sure I was meant to go there anyway. In there I stumbled upon this thing called theBalm. Remember I said I wanted 10 years off? I don't know how the boy did it, but he somehow managed to make me buy everything he put on my face. Betul, not my fault. The product is sans parabane, but I am sure that's not the top reason why I bought them. Saya mahu kelihatan menawan!!!! So it sucks but I guess I am going to start putting some SPF on my face and a little bit of colour here and there.

Then, I went on more loitering and saw some of the most hideous looking dresses I have ever seen. One, looked like something you can only wear to go weeding in the garden with a big topi mengkuang, another is just another kaftan, one would wear going out to pasar malam. Guess how much these suckers are paying per dress? less than 500 pounds. That is without 50% off. Don't get me wrong, haram tak jealous dengan orang banyak duit but this is a crime. Fashion is a crime. Then, there is Jimmy Choos. Err...tell me again why they have to be 200 pounds after the discount? Then the bags. Oh my god the handbags. I saw some seriously possessed women in the handbag section. All touching, lifting, slinging, swinging, twirling and off to the next shoulder and the sequence repeated again. While doing the handbag macarena, their eyes darted across to other bags being touched by other women. I saw one woman buying 2 bags in the same design but in different colours. The trouble is they are hideous. Tak masuk akal ok. (Not the women, because they all had big fat designer glasses with manicured nails and toes also wearing what I can only imagine very expensive perfumes, keluar the kedai pening).

Rasa macam BBC undercover la pulak snap snap pictures, but then I was really unhappy about the ignorance that was surrounding me. Seriously, perlukah seseorang itu mempunyai bag yang berbintat bintat hina dan berat belum masuk apa apa dekat 5 kg? Gambar gambar upload nanti ok.

Selamat malam.

Comments:
omg.

you sound like some makcik yg tak puas hati nobody's buying her sayur. ngahahaha

but the berat n bintat2 bags are really tak masuk akal. plus if they come with those metals-i-dunno-what-for lagi. really. ridiculous.
 
aiyoo my fren...now u make me terharu..how come ahhh u seem to have so many things happening in ur life dalam satu hari?I..on the other hand, find my life very boring..or is it me who's not sensitive of my surroundings?
 
tak sabar nak tengok gambar-gambar tu. hehe
 
McD: hahahhahaha, kangkung samah setoko samah stoko. bli bli bli bli

La: actually my life is boring, I auta je lebih.

Hanakirana: tungguuuuuuuu, but don't get your hopes high, I took them style paparazzi in the bush dengan camera phone.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.