Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Thinking language

Some time ago, not in a kingdom far far away, probably just in my living room, somebody asked me whether I think in Malay when I speak in English.

I couldn't answer straight away. I tried thinking of the answer, but only strange sounds escaped uninvitingly, more of an unff and eiiighh but I couldn't really say A or B.

I guess I think in a thinking language. If you asked me, it resembles a blob of coco crunch - just one - floating and swirling in a sea of milk. When I actually know that I like the answer to my thought process the coco crunch sort of hit the side of the bowl and moor. A bit like a barge parking up by the side of the Thames. Then I feel like a sensation of soggy coco crunch wriggling up the side and jumping off the bowl cliff, that's when I stop thinking. That is when I am wide awake.

The other day, I woke up startled and I am not sure why. Ak was already up getting ready to go to work, and I (later on realized) asked him "Baby pukul berapa?". He didn't asnwer, and I asked again and again.

He then said " satu ringgit?". Then only I realized I was talking in Malay.

I guess in a state of delirious and half awake my default language is Malay but that is without thinking. So it doesn't answer the above question does it. The other thing is I guess Ak only associates "berapa" to the price of things. Sabar aje lah.

Comments:
hahahaah.. that's funny. Ask him dia jual apa pagi2 tu? Nasi lemak?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.