Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home again


Watchu doing?

I'm just finishing off Noah's petits filous. He usually gobbles the whole pot within minutes but today, he only managed half of it. Let's not talk about the food I made, he is not having any of it. Pelbagai aksi tipu helah telah dicuba namun Noah tetap champion geleng kepala dan tepis sudu bila datang dekat. Whereas usually kalau sudu transit in the air sebab mummy terdistracted by the iklan on TV, you can hear a grunt, macam lembu terjerut leher. Mummy sayang you la Noah sebab tu Mummy panggil you lembu. Maybe because it's not as smooth as the petits filous. I know, Noah is fluee again.

Even when I tricked him into having some other foods like the swede and potato he'd just bring it all up again. I don't know how many bedsheets we went through last week, the house is beginning to look a lot like a laudrymat.

His best day was the day we went to Heathrow to pick up Daddy and Dhadi (grandma, mother of the Daddy). I think it's cool that in Urdhu, they have special names to distinguish between the grandparents of the mother and the father. So grandad will be Dhada, and my mum will be Nanni to Noah and Ba' will be Nanna. Neat. Eventhough Dhada has passed away but I sometimes show Noah his pictures. This is creepy but when when I first laid my eyes on Noah my thoughts were, apart from thank god for epidural and Ak looked so good in bluescrubs, Noah looked like his Dhada lah...* blink* turned my head to the side *blink* eh yelaaaah. Not so anymore.

I digress, nak cerita Noah demam dah melalut la pula. Lazatnya petits filous ni. So yes, when I first saw Ak at the airport I thought that can't be him, it was a cross between Jesus and Ahmad bin Mohammed from Somalia. Arafat really burnt him, but his eyes, still bright as a button. Squeezed tight I heard him say "God never again am I going to leave you two for that long". I thought man I missed you so much and thank God for your safe return then I thought about Cinnabon for no apparent reason. Oh I know, it was 9 am and I didn't have chance to have breakfast. Bangun at 6, force feed Noah in his sleep, bundled him in the carseat, and off we went.

Ok let's move away from the gayness of missing one's husband. Ak's cough was pretty bad and Mummy's was no better. Mummy's voice was swanned actually and she looked like she could sleep anywhere. I love the look of mummy though, not sure what it was, the hijab? the calmness, the almost sorrowful look? Or was it just the Haj flu and lack of sleep?

I need to wrap a gift for Ak, well it's not for him, it's one of those secret Santa doohickeys they do at work. He got a jumper from his secret Santa so it's only fair that he returns the favour. I am going to let him give away one of my bottles and bottles of perfume. They are still in their boxes. Good as new, but do perfumes have expiry dates? I hope it hasn't morphed into something like cottage cheese.

So apart from the prayer mats, the Qurans, the funky home slippers (they are super snazzy), the Hilton slippers, and pretty little bracelets, we all got the ultimate gift from the Holy land lah ya, haj flu is the name.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.