Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Being Mumsy

Noah is having his noon kip and so is his Daddy. Only his Daddy is probably trying to have his proper sleep as his on call last night was probably busy. He didn't tell me the whole story but I guess it must have been because he mentioned "play around with the ventilator" not to mention he looked like one of those back up dancers in Michael Jackson's video clip. Thriller?

I realize this blog has morphed into one of those mumsy blogs. Well I intend to be as mumsy as possible from now on because that's what I am, a mother, and a very accidental one at that but I am determined to learn more for the benefit of everybody in the family.

I now understand why people gloat so much about their babies and the obsession about breastfeeding. If I have never achieved anything else in my life , medical degree, professional exams, married to a man with prettier legs than me, seeing Noah grow on my milk is enough to make me very very warm with pride. Gloat worthy. Not to mention the joy having him in my arms.

babble babble, Noah Noah.

I have been googling around for a lot of breastfeeding blogs and mumsy blogs. Sure, Dr. Miriam Stoppard's book is on the shelf but I love reading crude stories from genuine Mums out there. Pumping stories, freezing , storing, the sheer determination juggling work full time and breastfeeding exclusively. I could only admire from far. As for me, I would like to contribute but so far, as I am boobies on legs, staying at home until at least February next year, I don't have much problems feeding my fast approaching 4 months mark baby.

One thing I do need is a nursing bib, or shawl or whatever they call it to make nursing a little bit discreet. I have gone onto a couple of websites and I am not sure I want to pay that much for a piece of cloth stitched together just to cover the chest. I can understand if they can also transform into Superman's cape or Aladin's magic carpet. Has anybody made their own?

Comments:
congratulations on the birth of Noah (although a few months too late). i've been reading ur blog since a few years ago and happy to see that u'r back.

to answer your last question, i've never used any of those b.f capes but i've invested quite a lot of nursing tops. they can be really discreet that you don't even need a coverup at all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.