Thursday, September 07, 2006

My precious life

These days, I appreciate not being dead busy on the job. I am on obstetrics and when you only do obstetrics anaesthetics in the night, life could be cushy. Done about 3 epidurals since 1 am and earlier in the night just one 'crash' section. Caesarians of a crash sort had to be done under GA and it was a pretty straight forward one. 'Shrug', oh well.

I remember a year ago being absolutely petrified with these calls. But I always knew that all my catecholamine receptors will get saturated at some point, I just didn't know it was going to be this soon. I no longer get the buzz from this job. It crossed my mind the other day that maybe I should just dress windows. Harrod's windows maybe. Nice windows make my heart go funny. Racing home from work later probably give me more buzz, maybe I'll knock a few people down on the way home, that'll remind them how precious life is.

On the preciousness of life, I think I should look after myself a bit better. At 01: 40, my throat got a bit bothered with lots of sharp prickly sensations. I am getting this unattractive sad coughs of very little confidence only cause if i let myself cough like that guy on hacks advert my eyeballs will pop put in a projectile manner and I don't want to struggle looking for my eyeballs. My neck starting to hurt and my joints ache. Is there photophobia there? This is the bit where if you are a medic and you're clerking somebody like me, you put query query photophobia to make people go oooohh ahhhh, lets do lumbar puncture. Things they do on the ward round. To see who can come up with the best longest list of diagnosis.

So i took charge on my precious life and took a temperature, it was 37.7, my pulse at rest was 115 and blood pressure 124/75. I don't think I want meningitis but i think I have. But if i go to A&E I might never leave the hospital and my new 32" flatscreen LCD with HD tv will be delivered today. And also these hospital people will stick a needle in and I will most definitely swear at them. I don't like needles.

Think think, do I go to A&E or do I just wilt away in my room only to be discovered by the dustbin man or ..oh wait i am working tomorrow night so they might wonder why there is nobody aswering bleep 600. Nevermind if i am dead with larvae hatching in my skin, these women need their epidurals.

Ok think think.

The glare from this pc is hurting me. I am surrendering, I am defeated. The good thing is if I am dead, i don't have to pay to live.

Comments:
no, live long enough to visit me and jo in california. we promise not to stick anything unpleasant in/onto you ;)
 
we'll even take you shoe shopping afterwards
 
we'll even take you shoe shopping afterwards
 
Your life is precious babe!! Take care.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.