Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Pain? what pain?

Yesterday I didn't do well.

The reception to the dental surgery was very welcoming but I, was actually having a crescendo feeling of impending doom.

I have a small crack on one of the incisors from a fall years ago. Aging process dictates that this crack develops caries. So it needed a filling. And the drilling always gives me shivers.

Not to mention toes curling hands choreing and neck stiffening.

So I sat down on the apple green chair. The chair fell backwards slowly, and the lights beamed on me. SHOWTIME!!!!

"nanti nanti, err you boleh put local tak". I asked dengan muka cemas.

"kalau I letak local lagi sakit from the injection. sikit je" she mumbled with the mask on. I can so tell she's thinking I gila.

Filling pun nak local. gila apa perempuan ni.
The drill came closer.

"nanti nanti, err kan ada lignocaine pallett tu, u letak before inject local", I was desperate.
She definitely thought I was the perempuan gila she never hope to meet.

"ok ok, ni selalu i bagi kids je". She jeered. Ah lantak kids ke foetous ke janji tak sakit. The lignocaine topical pallett tasted like strawberry. I likkeee.

So drilling started, I was very pleased i actually felt like humming to myself.

Not only it was painless, she did a good job too. But as usual the numbness can cause erratic facial palsy which causes some difficulty with facial expressions and formation of some words.

While writing in my treament card, she added"eh jap miss, you jangan gigit benda benda keras ok nanti gigi u mana tahu gugur" she smiled. I smiled back without moving my top lips. I caught a glimpse of that one in the side mirror. Horror!

" eh what did you say you do for living" she asked, trying to make a last minute chat.
I on the other hand saw this as a cue to cabut, " heneshtshesis, heheheh byeee".

I left very quickly. i hope they thought I needed a wee.

Comments:
please let me know if you need someone to kiss you all better...
 
u funny la..

these days ppl get "muka cramp" post facelift and collagen leaks. horror!
 
Aiyahhh you ahhh!! *LOL* And I thought I was afraid of those needles!! :P
 
I don't mind being poked in the arms, hands or my butt...but gums? I dread going to the dentist!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.