Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First there was one, then two then many.



I wouldn’t stretch the word laziness to include the fact that I normally let people make contact with me. It’s my normal way of saying I am not fussy, if it’s ok by you it’s ok by me. In courting or being courted, I much rather the man do the hard work. I am traditional like that. But this way, sooner or later you will meet some downfalls.

Pre new year, I was invited to 3 parties.

One, would be full of people I don’t know apart from one who works at the hospital. The one who invited me. Who made it fairly obvious that she’d like me to meet his brother, who is shy, single and a barrister. I know, Bridget Jones comes to mind but it’s not quite like that.

Another one would be with a bunch of girls from work, getting drunk would be the top priority.

The last one would be all the way across the bridge and I wouldn’t want to start imagining how to get home afterparty. So, after oh so many thinking sessions on deciding which one to go to, none actually rang me again to confirm. So I was sat at home, alone, watching Halle Berry as a psychiatrist being possessed by a dead girl Rachel. A girl who was tortured by the psychiatrist’s husband. I thought, if things starting to get sad in my world, why not make it sad and horror at the same time.

I was hitting the bottom of Haagen Daz cookies and cream when the phone went off. Dr DJ sounded cheery, like he’d won something on the scratch card. And I sounded like somebody’s being possessed by Andy Little Britain.

So, how did I deserve this phone call I asked. And he simply said just to find out if I was going anywhere. And when I said no, he gasped, exaggeratedly.

"You, alone? I don’t believe it. But knowing you, very soon you’ll probably get a knock on the door and a handsome man will take your hand and soon you’ll be dancing under the beautiful lights of fireworks". He just has this quirky way with words this one.

And I heard a knock on the door, it was him. Little bugger.

There was him, for a while. We chatted. Then there’s another and there’s another. And not long there were many of us.


True, the best parties are the ones not planned.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.