Monday, November 28, 2005

Something old something new, something borrowed something blue.



There is a real danger when one’s car ceases to function properly. The danger is not in the context the car swerving, careening, flying off, toppling, turning over and ending up in the ditch. The danger is real. The danger is in the waiting.

In this weather one really didn’t feel like waiting in the car garage while muscle-ly oil- covered men fixed the exhaust and change the tyres. So one went to the nearest shopping place and pretended that one was just window shopping. Then, for some bizarre reasons one still couldn’t bring oneself to comprehend, one ended up going home with something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. No, one didn’t get married in town.

Trouble with me is, if I have an event coming up, I keep thinking about it hours on end, until I get everything prepared and ready. It’s pretty tiring. You know having the same thing in your mind all the time. Unless it’s a new boyfriend and new tricks.

This upcoming ‘thingy’ is just a Christmas dinner party but I have nothing to wear. Any dress would be too little coverage and too skimpy for winter chill. I sometimes wonder why we have to always suffer to look nice. This Christmas dinner party on the 14th would want to see me in something descent. Not bluescrubs, not jeans. That is tough.

In no particular order to the old saying, the dress I bought would probably end up as something borrowed because I am going to return the size 8 dress. I cannot imagine myself wearing the same dress again. How many people do I know stay the same dress size? None. Having said that, the satin felt so good against nakedness. Satin, against a velvet skin is like Bailey’s down a dry throat. That set me back about 100 quid.

I know there is no need for any new perfume what with 4 still-unopened boxes of them. But, I am a sucker for anything intoxicating. Not in a sick druggy way, yes? This one is something blue. Gorgeous and light.

When I was in Bali, there was a distinctive smell of the ocean blended with the strong concoction of tropical flowers, baked sand tinted with stale chlorine from the swimming pool caking my hair in the sun, that I savoured with all the olfactory that I had. All that equals a squirt of Michael Kors, Island. It is so awakening. It was sunshine, parties and debauchery in a bottle. I digress.

Something old would be me and Megane. Old, battered but fazed. Did I mention my fingers felt like they were going to fall off while walking in the cold? Looks like none of us are going anywhere this winter despite the awful weather. And we’ve decided we’re going to grow old together but Megane seems to fall apart quicker than I thought. So I guess I got something new as well. A new exhaust pipe and a pair of new front tyres. All the way to the back box, the pipe stretches. Sturdy and shiny.Which all in all cost about £200.

The damage is diabolical if I may tell you.

Going off- tangent slightly now.

Two things I learn today. (Just because I like sharing)

1. Different clothes and different undergarment give different effects on the contour of the buttocks. If a style makes your peaches pert, stick with it.

2. When a guy fancies you he’ll look at your lips lingeringly. Make sure you haven’t smudged your lipstick or have bits of chillies stuck in between your teeth.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.