Saturday, October 15, 2005

You carry on, I'm going to have a break...

So I am on call. The last patient just left recovery room and I could, just go to bed.

But I’ve found this pc just next to the room and the chair is so big it’s almost like hugging me from behind. Comfort always makes my mind flips into that oyomattgessekgo mode. Like the split second between your heartbeat going lub and then dup. Lub dup lub dup lub dup. Like a reset button if you like so it has time to conform to the law of synchronization. So it doesn’t go wonky.

I thought today, was a good on call. People rushed me in the morning because there were about 4 cases to do, but I just refused to get wrapped around sticky like a stick on a candyfloss. I know things must get done in the end and we have 24 hours. If I must work that long, why rush?

After the 2 spinal cases, I put my feet up in the doctor’s mess. I watched that spiky haired dude Gary Rhodes cooking. My mind going outside my comfort circle and there was a sudden influx of dirty dirty images.

I was no longer in control.

Eggtart,breadpudding,nasikerabu,
tomyam,laksam,cornonthecob,sweetcorn,
pucukubi,budu,airtebu,cendol,ondeonde,putubamboo,
putumayam,akokkedut,satay,kacangbotol,tempoyak,bijinangka,
ayampercik,ikanpercik,kacangrebus,pudingjagung,buburjagung,
eggtart,eggtart,eggtart.eggtart,eggtart,eggtart..

Are you fasting Dr. Ahmad?

Huh? Oh ha yes. I said. Almost defibrillated off my chair. I can see the food packing them selves off the display table on a hot Sunday afternoon. The banner reads: All you can eat for £1. Ishh kacau laa

It was that Orthopaedic registrar taking a seat next to me, and started watching Gary in the kitchen as well.

We started chatting about that patient I cancelled. About how he thought I was a tall male anaesthetist from Pakistan with a Taliban beard before I turned up on ward 9. The usual things I get when people mention my name. Then I had that twinge-y cramp.

I went to the toilet.

Heheheheh. I very soon after had an eggtart.

That was the quickest ever I had my wish granted.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.