Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sahur rambling



I am now officially joining the world of food worshipping by taking pictures of food, and putting them up on here.

This is just my contribution in Ramadhan to help along those with ‘low scores’ from voyeuristically watching women crossing the streets, slagging people working on the same floor, or having thoughts of being in bed with 4 women at the same time; while sitting in your cubby-hole trying to do some work.

By watching pictures of food on my blog, you will feel intense desire to eat, and we all know you can’t because you’re fasting. So for every second that you spent refraining yourself from eating, you get extra points to make up for the above unavoidable ventures which could potentially bring you down to negative score.

The above is called Mexican suicide chicken and Mediterranean Titanic prawn.
Mexican because we know latino chickens like the women have ample derriere. But this particular chicken had lost her will to live and thrown herself in front of a bus. She did however have a matching pair of underwear on.

The next is Mediterranean Titanic prawn. I missed out the word tiger because I am sure people are aware that the prawns are tiger prawns. If I state an obvious thing like that, I fear people might get offended and plus it’s a bit pretentious to have a long name for such a quick thing to prepare.

So, Mediterranean because the herbs and olives are Greeky. Greek salad is even easier to make but I couldn’t be bothered to make a proper one because I have courgette instead of cucumber and I have some British cheese instead of feta cheese. Titanic because of the way the ingredients gently collided with each other yet producing a colossal treat to the taste buds. Leaving you mourning days, years, decades after it’s long gone. Wondering if I made it with love.

Or you could just look at the green lettuce and know instantly that it was iceberg lettuce I used, which makes the name Titanic even more appropriate.

I think today’s sahur is better than yesterday’s; which was 2 lumps of dates, and a glass of milk. Then I looked at the watch and I had a minute more, so another 2 dates and another glass of milk.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.