Wednesday, October 26, 2005

One of those moments

I don’t really mind how many people I have in my anaesthetic room. Just as long they don’t make any noise. Be a wallpaper or furniture or drip stands. Don’t mind. Squeeze your balls and squeak if you must speak. Don’t mind.

I also don’t mind questions. If I can’t answer it, I’d say why don’t you go home and read up, tell me tomorrow. Frown a bit and look like you mean what you’ve just said. Continue doing what you do without glancing back at the medical students. Sure medical student quiet one.

It wasn’t a medical student that asked me a question; it’s a student ODA. She was helpful and pleasant. She did everything without many hiccups, which I liked. She can come again.

She was helping me putting a lady to sleep. The tube went through the cords and I must say I was a bit careless with the calculation and the patient was swallowing/gagging/retching. It could happen sometimes.

Especially if all of a sudden your bladder decided ‘I must go now, or else’. You just shove the tube quickly and strategically plan your escape to the nearest WC. Having said that the escape might not happen till very very much later which makes me think I am going to have a potato sack bladder by next year. Making all the rushing seems like the time when you dress up to dine alone.

So, she asked me, ‘what is she doing now’ pointing to the lady’s throat. And I said ‘doing the swallowing reflex’. ‘You know if you have something in your throat, you just swallow’. I continued checking any leak.

She stopped tying the tube and looked up to me. Sorry, looked down at me. She’s an arm length taller than me. I looked at her, and realized whole room was staring at me.

The heat I dissipated, I swear, could cook some pancakes. Tssssssssst.

Everybody was in stitches. Tak guna betul.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.