Friday, October 14, 2005

Have Passport Will Travel- now where have I seen that before

nusadua


I am finally in a possession of my passport again.

I won’t tell you about the many nights I lie wide awake hyperventilating. Fear that if I fall asleep, I would get into one of those going on holiday dreams which always ended with could not find passport anywhere, could not go anywhere. Panic panic. Plane left without me.

I did wonder what it would finally feel like come the time I don’t need to keep getting visa to stay here. Today was the day. Just a huge surge of anxiety at the Parcel force this morning to claim my ‘entire life’ in a packet, which I sent to the Home Office 6 weeks ago. A transient surge of relief followed. That was brief too, soon I don’t feel any different. Because I know it’s not where I want to be forever.

Now that the passport is with me again, I can sleep. Before sleeping, I could even plan a little.

Maybe a trip to one of the Greek islands, Mykonos? Santorini…or even Cyprus.

The sea so vast you want to dry your eyes and hug the person next to you. It’s so blue, you wonder what it be like if it’s a different colour. And you hope a little that it’ll never change to red or chocolate colour. Just like a backdrop for the fishermen in the sea, the beach footed a lush canopy of green dotting the entire hills. You breath in and out and you wish somebody with a familiar scent, familiar grip to come and hold you tight. To whisper, baby with you in my arms the picture is complete.

You stood as one, without a word exchanged. Because why would you need one if it’s like you’ve known him for a lifetime.

I remember that time on Hydra island. The locals looked at us disjointedly, interested but seen it all before. I observed that everybody knew everybody in Hydra. The only vehicle allowed was Mr. Donkey. We muttered all sorts of words meaning we wanted a place for the night, and they ushered us to the right man. It was just the right place to be for the night.

We got there with no accommodation pre-arranged. We didn’t look it up on Lonely Planet. Woke up in a hotel room in the middle of Athens earlier that morning, and decided, we need to go to an island. So we went.

We just left it all up to luck, fate, whatever you want to call it. And sometimes, that’s the way it should be.

And if that doesn’t happen, every night is a good night on a Greek island anyway. Happy days, nights, happy hour!

On call tomorrow. )*&$£””£!$*())$”!”%^*()
p/s: wohoooo this is a short post!!! *smug face*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.