Sunday, October 09, 2005

Fish head

Ayam campak


I’m going to work tomorrow and I still have no idea what I am doing in the morning. Bowel list? ENT list? Brats list (paediatrics)? Gynae list? Or half day?

Ok, don’t care much.

So I was bored and you can tell from the plethora of posts today. So I cooked. And I call it AYAM CAMPAK or DUMPED CHICKEN. Somehow ayam campak is funnier than dumped chicken. Dumped chicken is not as funny because the name has been lost in translation. But I couldn’t at this time think of any other suitable word to go along with chicken. THROWN CHICKEN? Oh well as long as it doesn’t start humming unchained melody or haunt me at
night.

My friend in New Zealand cooked a fish head. And I would be cautious if I were you my friend. You don’t want to stare at the head when you started dissecting the mouth the teeth the eyes and the cheeks and the chin. You mustn’t look like you’re enjoying eating the head. The fish hates it. The fish is said to still have the soul lurking about so if you stare the fish before you eat it heartlessly, it might cast a spell and cause you to do fishy things. Like pee in the swimming pool, walking through a glass door and even kiss yourself in the mirror.

Ok joke aside, asam pedas tu nampak sedddap gillla ok. Gerrrrrr….gerrrrrrr

However I want to share with you something my granddad once told me. My granddad is 88, still climbs his roof to fix it himself. Still wash his car, oh sorry that was confiscated because a taxi driver ran into him. He later got told off by my dad and they didn’t speak for a while. The older you get the worse the sulking. That much I know.

He also has equal amount of white and black hair on a full head which I like to run my hand through. Geli..geli. The best thing about granddad is he is a tahfiz, he learnt Quran by heart. He taught me when I was 9, till I finished the Holy book.

I, was feeling smart. I wanted to finish it before my half sister. I remember flipping 2 pages of a surah to get to the end quickly, so I can start the next surah. Granddad would be seemingly fast asleep. It was hot humid and we were reciting on the open airy verandah. He liked it there. Just as I started the next verse from the next 2 pages, he opened one of his eyes. Ting!

Nok pergi mano deghah deghah ni teeeeeeeh.
Where are you going rushing?

I was stunned. Tak tido rupanyaaaaa.
Huh plan backfired!

He has a memory of an elephant my granddad. I was really impressed. He was my hero. Forget Ultraman and Gaban, they wear their underpants outside anyway. Granddad would remember everything you told him from the last time you met him. But they might not be the same things you told him, his hearing is letting him down you see.

Now that I have digressed, I better tell you what my granddad told me. If you want to keep your memory polished and tip top, these are the things you should avoid.

1.fish head especially the brain
2.ants (in some areas they just feast the minute you turn your back)
3.pickled food

I never struggled to learn from the man, it’s the time to learn that I am struggling with. Selamat puasa Tok Ayah.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.