Monday, September 12, 2005

Life at 2mph


He sent me a song.mp3. I can’t help but put it under the microscope. Why has he sent that particular song after not speaking for a month. This is not today by the way.

Is it because he wants your opinion about the particular song, or does he want you to google the song lyrics and start unbaffling a conundrum about the particular perpetually failing lovelife? Is there a hidden message? A way to say ‘I miss you?’ Or maybe to make you weep at every single agonizing beat of the song? Because you know well that no matter how badly you want to save what’s left, it’s a sinking ship situation, one can only save oneself.

Listening is like snip snipping open still red raw barely granulating wound held by merely haphazard throws. My toasted feelings are so susceptible and crumbly I wish it’s an extra limb I could just amputate with a butter knife. Whylah you do this to me.

Or maybe there’s a gremlin in my amygdala playing poogye with my limbic system. This is the thing you see. You just don’t know. And my hyperactive cynical centre in my brain is not helping much.

I have a song to give it back to him, probably bit of a Moulin Rouge, but hey you can't take any man seriously these days apartt from your dad telling you his legs are swollen and feeling a bit out of breath. These two songs should be played one after the other like Indian curry and Lager, or Nasi Lemak and Teh Tarik.

Or better still the songs can be a remix Simon versus Kelly featuring (some black rapper Snoop Dog or 50 cent would do)– Lay your hands without poking these hazel brown eyes. We can change clothes 9 times and run around the foot of Himalaya, or roll on the grass in Kashmir. The next shot would be in Holland under the windmill doing peek-a-boo and the full works. What say you hun?

Don’t’ give in, don’t give in, remember you don’t like competition.

SIMON WEBBE Lay Your Hands
Sometimes life can be a burden
Try to stay one step ahead
I feel the world upon my shoulder each time
I'm standing out on the edge
And my hopes have all deserted me
Like they washed away in the sand
And it's hurting my pride
Try to survive
But i know i stand a chance
When you lay your hands
Oh yeah
'Coz it's the only thing I have that still makes sense
(Oh baby, when I'm calling out) Give me love and affection,
Keep telling me, show me the way.(Oh, if you see me falling down)
Lift me up from the shadows
Will you take me away to a better place?
(And when I'm in my darkest hour)
You're by my side, to turn the tide,
Until the suffering fades.
When life is getting me down,getting me down, i'm close to defeat,
Come and lay ur hands on me.
Feel this road is getting longer now
And i'm too far away from home
Still I gotta keep on moving on
But I can't do it on my own
Baby keep my head above water
Help me swim for my life
'Coz the game is getting harder
The strain is gettin stronger
And I can only face the fight
'Til I'm healed again,
Rediscovered my strengths,
Those bitter blues are gone...Oh, gone...

KELLY CLARKSON "Behind These Hazel Eyes"

Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tallI used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothin' could go wrong
Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on
Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes
I told you everything
Opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright
For once in my life
Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
Sewn together, but so broken up inside
'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hangin' on
Swallow me then spit me out
For hating you,
I blame myself
Seeing you it kills me now
No, I don't cry on the outside
Anymore...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.