Saturday, July 02, 2005

I Am Alive

Hey Girlfriend


Whole day today, I’ve been bugged left right and centre , non-stop, at a rate can only be described with one word, long word. No, there isn’t a word to describe it.

A slave to a matchbox size box called bleep, sleep deprived and verging into unconsented aneroxia nervosa. Look this way. Uhuh,Ya moi.

2 ladies were put to sleep in the morning and I was pleased that those were out of the way. All I wanted was to sit in the doctor’s mess and watch Live8.

I missed the opening. Was in theatre looking after that man having appendisectomy.

Missed Joss Stone, was in ICU reviewing that chap with record breaking attempt of thoracic epidural.
That was a hard one. I attempted 4 times and God knows what rate my sweat glands were producing sweat of cold variant. My heart sank, the exhaustion mounted, my knees weakened, giving up was never high on my list. It was all a bit orgasmic when the Touhy ceased resistance. Uh yeay, finally just as the consultant walked in.

Sorry boss, I didn’t know it was going to go in at last, would you like to say, go back to your car and say, go home? Thank you for coming at such short notice. Gulp.

When Madonna appeared it was that 33 year old deep sea diver in casualty needed resuscitation from pressure jet wound to his chest and arm. I want to see Madonna, I missed Madonna.
Err can you please resuscitate yourself?

Took the patient to theatre for debridement and of course Madonna wouldn’t wait for me. I knew she wouldn’t mind knowing Marge. Catch coffee later Marge, sorry I missed your beautiful performance. I had lives to save. Not that it’s that important.

I wanted to see Will Smith, missed, wanted to see Alicia Keys, missed. Black eyed peas- missed.
Bon Jovi? The Killers? Linkin' Park? Maroon5? Pffftt! Sorry boys. You know I love you all so very much.

I got home and Mariah Carey was waiting for me…oh girl you don’t have to. Being live on tv and all. I would hate wasting your time. But when you sang that HERO song, ( I know we fell out a long time ago but nobody ever ever has taken that special place of yours in my heart), today you snipped all those killer weeds covering my dilapidated memory lane.

If only you’re not too tacky and slutty all the time. Have a bit more clothes on. I’d be most proud to call you ‘the diva’. In Malaysia you can buy nice fabric cheaply at Kamdar. If ever your private jet passed that way.

Anyway hairs stood on end girl when you sang that, and with that new one We Belong Together, my heart flipped and flopped and twist and wept. You’ve got the most unique and crisp voice. I salute you. Me love you long time.

Urgh am knackered want to write more but too tired. Eyes heavy and god knows if I can make it to another on call tomorrow. This place is now a torture chamber. How do they live with themselves knowing I am suffering paying back my 5 week holiday? Answer: just like any other day.

Tomorrow is not yet today. Lights off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.