Friday, June 10, 2005

Soon..

Som Tam raw ingredient.



It rained cats and dogs in the afternoon.
Sticky, hot, humid. Almost unbearable.
At 5, did a little trip to the grans up the road.
Of course they first complained about their aches and pains. This happens annually. Nak bermanja you see.
Later, the subject was -me.
Tok Ayah (granddad) was ever so concerned.

Lamo teh mu ngaji Miah bilo nok abih . Ayoh gak nokla mu kelik bangat bangat.
(You’ve been studying for ages, are you ever going to finish? I really want to see you back home for good very very soon).

I know well enough that the question will be repeated, I was well prepared.
Somehow, I felt like I have just lied when I said,

Kelik Ayoh..nok kelik doh.
(Finishing soon granddad, and coming home soon).

To which he reluctantly answered.
Aku gak sengho tok lamooo doh ni
(I don’t feel I have very long left before I go).

I told him, every year that I’ve been coming home, instead of seeing him getting weaker and weaker, he seemed to have acquired more and more strength and looked brighter by year.
Everybody laughed, taking the pressure off me.

Phewh.
But, who knows how long we have before we lose somebody we love.

Nok kelik doh, semeta jah doh lagi Ayoh....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.