Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Overdue, overlooked.

Took me so long to find this place Posted by Hello



The gorgeous taste of the sun, sea and sand still lingers. I had such cravings had to resort to something I initially thought was of a lesser standard compared to Bali. Gosh Bali felt like months and months ago and it's only been 3 weeks.


So, today I took Oli to Perhentian Island. Only took us 15 minutes from home to the Kuala Besut jetty and after a boat ride of a more or less 30 mins we were gobsmackened. It was like a magical place. I tell you…the beach, was out of a postcard. The water was crystal clear, topaz blue with a hint of aquamarine and further to the horizon, green with trifle of royal blue and a lesser royal of a blue filler to compliment the brilliant zany sky.


And the big tick was, it's almost virginal. Barely touched. It felt like you own the whole stretch of the whiteness, sand, sky, sea..all mine, mine mine.


I was like a moth to the fire, once in there, I was a true beach girl. Head to toe, I pickled it all in the hypertonic sea. Didn't want to get out didn't want to do anything else.


So it' true, pleasure always followed by pain. Now my face is a lobster and it's excruciatingly painful. Even the hot air that brushes against it is unbearable. That's how bad the sunburn is.

But every single epidermis that peels and every single dermis that feels the repercussion from the solar overdose knows it's all worth the rubor and the dolor.

I should say sorry to the island. I underestimated you big time, just because I don't have to catch a flight to go there. Just because you are in this lesser developed part of this country. You beat Port Dickson anytime but oh what a shame you have to suffer the double standard confinement. Will it end? How soon though?

Oli has gone to bed and Cik T has given up telling me off about beauty sleep, premature aging and aloe vera for this and that and in this case for the sunburn. At the moment I have this gooey expressions from the aloe vera fat little arms covering my whole face and it limits the facial postures I can adopt. Current is pouting.

On a lighter note, I had too much keropok lekor and lychee I feel like a whale. But this whale will definitely return to the island with a tent and a bucket of marinated chicken. BBQ in Perhentian anyone?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.