Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I Huff and I Puff, May I Blow You Up?

Three appendisectomies, and a laparotomy took my on call to 4 am last night, morning rather. I took the gown off as the laparotomy chap who wasn’t all that obvious why he should get perforated duodenum at 35 years of age, had to have an epidural for that size of incision down his midline. I 'sterile' well you see.

A resuscitation call came through my bleep and I could just feel my limbs going jelly with pins and needles. My mind going ‘Do I have to? Really Do I? Do I’, which was quite frustrating. Fighting with your own mind that is.

The 56 year old woman with heart failure in the end was successfully resuscitated, admitted to ITU after a good 40 minutes of sorting out the airway in A&E. Honestly guys, do you have to wait for people to stop breathing and have CO2 of 16 before you treat the heart failure. A&E really gets on my nerve sometimes.

Nobody took charge. No communication. Everybody seemed to operate in their own zone. Talk people.. talk.. what have we got here. Duh! Really not something I need. I was determined to hit the sack after all that. That was 5am.

Now, it’s 8am, and the raging mower startled me from my rubbish quality sleep, the sun was surprisingly glorious, disturbing, and dare I say bit inappropriate. Never mind those people going oh what a lovely day today. I need my sleep!

The smell of fresh cut grass didn’t help at all. A strong whiff flooded my nostrils and hit my temporals like a whack with a big hammer. It then felt rather lopsidedly heavy and this perpetual foreign sound in my head is as if somebody is doing a hand washing in there.

Suddenly Kylie Minoque's ass popped out from nowhere.

My mind is jumbled up. I am irritated. Arghhhhh!

I can’t sleep, I can’t sleep and I can’t sleep and for most people this is not detrimental but for me should this carry on for any length of time more, I am going to go out there and blow up the mower. Hasta la vista baby!! Tebaboww..

*sigh* I need a hug.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.