Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunny Sunday and SEPET

sunny day


blooms


ducks


It’s officially spring. Had a long stroll in the park. The sun scorched down, only a few crumples of cumulus nimbus seen off setting the blue skies. Some rays pierced through sepet-ing my already sepet eyes.

The blooms were generous all over the fringes of the park. Some stubborn clusters of daffodils looked comfortable yet proud splaying the vibrant yellow even right to the middle of the field. Risking it all being kicked by the eager teenage footballers or stamped by the avid frisbee couple, anytime soon if they’re not careful.

Stopped to watch some ducks doing aquarobic and my mind was occupied with the film I watched last night, SEPET.

Feet up


Nooooooooo!!! That's not a very pretty Orked.


I know at least 2 real life SEPET stories that I couldn’t help but relate to. One Jason is still picking up the pieces and another Jason is now happily married to an American girl. Might give them a call tomorrow since I am still in London.

Apart from the CD suddenly paused causing severe deformation to Orked’s face as she was looking out of the car looking for Jason, the watching of SEPET was thoroughly enjoyable.

The storyline itself is still finding it’s way into the computing pouch in my brain. My main view is it didn’t quite do justice to the extent of malayness that should have been potrayed to make the story carry it’s twist at the end better.

The combing hair the Spanish Steps way I thought was unnecessary, what was that trying to define?

The scene with Orked’s mum and dad dancing to a Siam song was completely bizarre. I don’t know why the dad has to drop the pelikat baring just the bulging brief.

There was a severe lacking in the definition of being a malay if I may say that again, making this love story not peaking to it’s full effect but instead, remained banal till the end so much so, it had to resort to the tragedy at the end to give it the oomph we need in any love story. That could have been any teenage love story which was dressed and given some MSG by making the boyfriend character so into Tagore’s work.

It felt like this movie was made in full consciousness to steer well away from the typical Yusof Haslam bahasa melayu skima which was well done, but I think that scene with Orked cursing away at the Dicaprio celup was very not malay. A bit over the top I thought.

What I love best was the heart to heart scene between Keong and Jason. What a good script and I thought the boys couldn’t have done it better.

All in all a good entertainment value on a love story that managed to be told as I am still figuring what message I should take away from watching this movie. Some untold ones, which are probably greater, still being buried by time, too painful to be talked about and some are taken to the grave.

On a lighter note, my Sunday was sunny, simple yet satisfying and very solero. I must stop and smell the flowers more often.


“It is near to you as your life, but you can never wholly know it”

Rabindranath Tagore

I FINALLY WATCHED BABYCAKES VIDEOCLIP!!!COOORRRRRRRRR!!

Finally

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.