Monday, April 04, 2005

SEPET #2

SEPET


After 4 years since A-levels, I met him again in London. His voice was melancholic, draggy and drugged. He was single again. She finally had to marry a Malay boy and no way they were ever going to be together unless they are the only 2 people left on planet earth.

Najjie, do you know what I missed the most? He asked without even looking at me.

I just looked at him, all attention on him.

His face was flushed.

"I missed those puasa time. I love the way she made it easy". He didn't care if everybody was listening on that bus to Nottinghill.

“I missed those raya time that I spent with her here. She’d help me wear the baju melayu and ikat my sampin in the morning and she’ll cium my tangan. She asked for my forgivesness. Where got Chinese girl wanna do that?”.

Before I knew it he was sobbing. I didn’t know what to do apart from letting him borrow my shoulder.

He was severely battered. He didn’t know what to do. He lost focus and I have never seen him so unkempt, and shabby. Surely, that was not the only thing he missed. When I talked to him, everything anything went back to her. She was the centre of the conversations and I found it most touching.

I lost my phone soon after that and we never bumped into each other again until last month.

COFFEE

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.