Thursday, April 14, 2005

Paraphernalia



Flippin’ eck are those cleaners hoovering the carpet or weaving the carpet in there?
I need my towels.

I’ve been stuck in my study for an hour now and I can still hear them muttering in my bedroom. It would have been louder without the damping effect from Henry the Hoover. They normally talk about people, cheap cigarettes, AVON lipsticks, backaches, and about how they didn't want to watch Camilla and Charles on telly really, but got sucked into it in the end.

On call tonight so I purposely went to bed past midnight last night to catch a few extra hours in bed this morning. Tossed and turned and was thinking about the size of my bed. It’s just enough for one but could squeeze another person if I so wish. Then my mind wondered to the land of ‘if only’..

If only he’s still around..

If only we didn’t have to part..

If only I wasn’t too bigheaded, too fussy..

If only we never met..

If…if..if…get this word in your head and you’ll be up, wide awake like a stupid traffic lights. Blinking and changing colours with every crayon of emotion inside, airbrushing whatever the mind thinks is the right thing to do.

But then if you have somebody else in bed with you, isn't it detrimental if you have to hold your gas till he's gone to sleep before you could 'prooooottt'? What if he gas off in the duvet? Worse still what if he does one with a silencer? I can't have lights and sounds to sleep. What is he snores for India like the elephants do? Should I get a guedel aiways from OT and shove it to keep him quiet? Intubation would be too severe but that is 100% guarantee for no sounds at all. Do I have to share the duvet? maybe I can get one of those 2 in 1 beds. One bila 'mahu' 2 bila 'tak mahu'.

The cleaner ladies must be changing my bed and my duvet cover by now. So they must have smelt ‘my smell’, looked at the content of my bin, looked at my piling laundry. I feel exposed.

Most people don’t give a toss about cleaners but I do. When I see them I feel like they know me inside out. So I always smile a sheepish smile whenever they come in and I am off duty. They must have talked about me. What would they say about me.

Oh she's got too many books she must give some to Oxfam?
Oh she's got too many perfume she should give this one to me?


The other day I noticed that one of the perfume bottles moved from it’s shelf to the side table. My room also drenched with Addiction –Christian Dior, a valentine’s gift 2003. I know they’ve squirted a bit. I didn’t say anything. Don’t really like the sharp possessive smell. I am more fresh subtle bottled joie de vie type person when it comes to perfume.

Tap..tap..tap…

SMS / textmsg from a friend, James Bond:

Hey Naj. Question. If coughing only happens at night but morning and afternoon nothing whatsoever what does it mean ah? -James Bond

What should I say? Few options from your Heinousness:

If you’ve given up smoking, then it's got to be too much sex?
Try sleep in the morning and afternoon and work night shift?
You’re not a night person?
Your cough is the contagious type, seal your house and call CCD (centre for communicable disease) asap?

I need an easier question, and I need a bath.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.