Saturday, April 16, 2005

Bluescrubber Took Monkeys To Watch The Interpreter.

The Monkeys


Saturday morning felt like I was about to go to work despite being off work. Woke up early and cooked something Malaysian for Rachael as promised. No profuse compliment from this woman.
Told her about a film 'Bawang Putih Bawang Merah' and that she reminded me of the stepmother. To which she only laughed. I have to get a CD of that with subtitle. *Note.

I am sure it’s something to do with being a Filipino, nothing to do with my less than gorgeous Mexican bbq marinated chicken, with less than succulent black bean mushroom stir fry and rice ala chicken ( I just plonked the Maggi chicken flavour stock in the pot). Anything to imitate is fine by me, innovation takes too long. Don’t have that long.

Took Rachel to the flick with the 3 monkeys. Rick, Luke and Zach. Aunty Naj according to the monkeys is a juke box because she knows every song on Galaxy FM. Well I never..was I singing that loud in the car?

We watched The Interpreter starring Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn purely because it’s the only one rated 12a at 3 pm. Absolutely cracking storyline, outstanding acting by Nicole Kidman (Sylvia Broome). I never paid much attention to this woman before, but in this movie, I have to say she’s very rosy and prettier than before, and absolutely brainy.


She made me want to be Sylvia. Special in a dangerous way because she knows that extra bit more. She has that special astute of a woman of which I would turn green instantly. She has knowledge, she has a discreet power. She speaks fascinating tribal language, hardship flowing in her vein making her complexion almost steel like yet porcelain, to give her that don’t mess with me look. She’s tough underneath that velvety petal look.


I have been like this for ages, every movie I watch I will have this burning desire to be the heroine, apart from The Grudge. Although my hair can be like that in some morning even on a good day, The Grudge is just too scary for me. Ekkkkk..Ekkkkkkkk

Sean Penn I thought looked tired. Maybe he had to look tired for this role but if you look closely, he has this what we call xanthelasma around the eyes. A sign of hyperlipidaemia. A risk factor for heart attack, stroke and other gruesome diseases.

The best bit was when the special security agent played by Sean Penn was first introduced to Sylvia Broome. She couldn’t be more precise with the answers. I normally hate a question being answered with a question but this movie bends that for me.

Death doesn’t mean gone and gone doesn’t mean death. She is an interpreter after all.
It’s a clever, overall, a must watch movie. The monkeys clapped.

BluEScrubs says watch it ya’all.

The Hungry Monkeys Hijacked BluEScrubs.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.