Sunday, April 17, 2005

BluEScrubber Rumba Sunday Night: Shall We Dance?



Miss SillyBilly found my crib late on Saturday, a lovely surprise. Haven’t seen her for ages. We stayed in, curled up on the sofa, chatted and she whacked in some sense in me as usual.

I think sense’s been decaying in a rather exponential function, accountable for me feeling vulnerable, needy blablabla. We watched Shall We Dance casting J-Lo, Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon. I know! Another movie???

Forget J-lo’s curvaceous body twisting, turning, swirling, making you want to express yourself out of your seat. Forget her derriere which really should have been the title of the movie. I believe the director.

I believe the message it’s getting at.

It is not wrong to wanting and subsequently doing that something you’ve always wanted to do because it’ll make you happier than you already are. Nobody should feel sorry for wanting more, for wanting to be happier.

He wanted to dance, so he did.

Only Richard Gere can pull that shy genuine look. When he was coming up the escalator with the red rose in the mouth…we were thinking was that not a Pretty Woman scene all over again?? Miss SillyBilly and I thought exactly the same, we almost choired it out. There’s just something about Richard Gere.

Two bits in this movie I thought worth mentioning despite weak storyline overall.

One was when Mr. Clark (Richard Gere) was trying to do a Rumba with the bleached hair lady with fat ass (she said it herself) and didn’t quite get there. It’s a dance of love and he was not giving it to her.

He went, What did I do wrong?
Paulina ( J-Lo) defined Rumba. It was intense, it was fiery and most passionate .The reason why I thought it’s worth watching to the end.

Rumba is a vertical expression of a horizontal wish.
You have to hold her like the skin on her thigh is your reason for living.
You have to let her go like your heart has been ripped from your chest.
Pull her back like you’re going to have your way with her right here on the dance floor.
And then finish like she’s ruined you for life.

Paulina was every inch somebody I want to be if I can lead a double life. An anaesthetist by day and a Rumba dancer by night. I’ll be on a podium with my man, he’s my frame and I am the picture in it.

Everything he does is to show me off because he is too proud, too possessive, to deeply in love and I am the most sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, graceful innocent yet luscious angel , gliding the night like it’s the ceiling of Sistine Chapel.

Ehemmm, Coming back to reality now, the other one bit that I liked was when the wife (Susan Sarandon ) was at the private investigator’s office to hire somebody to spy on her husband. The question was, if people cheat and mistreat each other after they’re married, what is the point of getting married? Or something to that effect.

The promises in a marriage that we make and we break, why is it that we bother getting married? Passion?
No, it’s because, we need a witness to our lives. There’s billion of lives out there, what does anyone’s life really mean?
But in a marriage, you are promising to care about everything. The good, the bad, the mundane.
You say your life go unnoticed, I will notice it. You say your life will go unwitnessed , I am your witness.

Isn’t that so true. A witness to your existence. Without being married, there is nobody out of those so many existences that would know what you do, what you are up to, how your day was, if your bowel habits following certain pattern, if your pubic hair is too long. Who is defining yourself?

So until there is marriage, a blog is sort of serving that purpose of noticing and witnessing. Only it’s more of an active thing rather than passive, and you can't have sex with it.

But then you never know, it might become a sort of lifelong commitment. This might move into BMJ without the personal bits in it as a regular column according to Miss SillyBilly. You know now why I call you Miss SillyBilly. You love me too much.
Thank you for a good weekend. I needed the company.

Yes please

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.