Saturday, March 05, 2005

Scrubbing Saturday



Having a respite from the world full of Chi squared, Mann-Whitney and Students t-test. Thought I’d switch on the telly. Later, we'll see if whatever I’ve learnt today retained in my not so impressed brain, suffering voilently from acute human contact withdrawal.

Am etching in these statistics this weekend because it’s the only subject I have not laid my hands on since graduation and surprise surprise FRCA examiners WILL ask stats questions. I think the message is clear, no running away from statistics.


I remember sitting in one of those stat’s lectures scribbling the corner of Mona’s writing pad ‘zzzzzzzzzzz’, and she scribbled back ‘Saw Dave in d concourse just now’ which got my attention rounded, and the writing soon became one messy jungle of scribbling, centred around Dave the 3rd year med student- English Chinese. I was very good at drawing stick-man so there was a page that had Mona and Dave at the altar. She kept reminding me of that whenever we met or spoke on the phone, which these days not that often as she is now married to Boxy- not Dave.

One time, I was queuing behind Dave to get breakfast at the concourse, when he turned and asked the time. I froze and said that wasn’t wearing one. I was. Could anybody lie faster than that. Just couldn’t stand the attention he was paying to me. It's like being arrowed by a group of angry Red Indians. All of that, for me?? Die…die..die !!!
Am grown up now, not seen anybody like Dave since, no cartoon action no more.

At least there was Mona the scribbler then, to survive statistics with, now, I’m afraid it’s a lone scrubber hacking Gaussian graph all by herself on a snowy Saturday afternoon.

Katie Price aka Jordan is shaking her boobs on some eurovision qualifying show. I mean what is she thinking? Those boobs are going to pop out any minute now from that zip up pink leotard. Oh if that is not hideous then I don’t know what is. Blimming eck just get her off stage already.

I think that woman Javine is going to get the place. She has that powerful voice, sultry looks, Beyonce moves without too much curves, so she’s almost Aliyah with simply sexy moves. No frills. I like.

Baldie rang a while ago. It’s almost inevitable that you speak of the weather first as you think about what to talk about, having not spoken to him for a while. I think it was December when he came over with Linda and Raj all the way from Isle of Wight to visit.

And now it’s MARCH!!!! Exam is in 30 days. Die…die…die.!!! Whoever said time flies when you are having fun needs serious counselling.

We never sat together in lectures then, because he used to hang out with different group of people, but in the final year, as people got posted to different parts of South UK, I started to get to know some of them and I must say I regret not knowing them that well earlier on.

So we talked about statistics and moaned about the weather, moaned about his patients, moaned about my patients, my exam and his exam and yes..a lot of moaning needless to say. It’s one of the guys’s birthday last week and I don’t think there is any get together going to happen anywhere near soon. Baldie’s exam is 2 weeks after mine. So..no then.

Enough moaning. ANOVA test next. ANO wha'? wha'?.....





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.