Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A room full of doctors. Posted by Hello



It’s either yours truly had undergone an un-consented brain transplant in her sleep or she had reached what’s called a plateu on the ‘how much drugs I’ve learnt’ on the y axis against 'time' on the x axis.

It just feels saturated and a bit like sticking a silk scarf into a bottle, exactly..not a clue if it is possible anymore.

Met my old old friend, among many others, at the weekends during the Islamic Medical Association of Malaysia (IMAM) symposium, at which I also had the opportunity to sit approximately 2.5 metres away from our Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Sri Najib Tun Razak, during the photo session!!! Shall make it a point to hunt for his pictures in his younger years, he looks too good for his age….hmmm…was it the nose?

So this friend of mine who is the wiser one, is a proper Registrar now, (but still acts like a pre-registration house officer which is beside the point).

Having had passed her exams which was 3 parts altogether, all on the first attempt, she is my instant inspiration to say the least. I was naturally impressed beyond words and, her words are still ringing in my ears. I asked her how she did it.

“Imagine hitting the finishing line. That’s the goal. Make strategies weekly and train yourself like a 400 m runner. Time it well and make sure you peak on the day of the exam”.

“I’ve lived with you for at least 3 years, I went to med school with you, I know you can do it”.

“Malaysia boleh!” and as usual we can never talk about things too seriously for too long a time. Felt 17 all over again, catching up over Abdul's kebab on Oxford Road, and it was exactly what I needed.

I hope you take plenty of salt in your diet my friend. Ameen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.