Monday, March 21, 2005

'Come' in English??

Those who can, teach. Posted by Hello




Walked into ITU pantry looking for my yellow Sevoflurane mug. Didn’t realize was singing a malay song fairly loudly, until a voice came from behind.

It’s Monday! No singing on Monday.

Nearly dropped the mug on my own foot. Was adequately startled. Just how did I not notice a lump of breathing mass with a glowing cephalic in a bluescrubs sitting by the window?

The afternoon staggering quantity of sun light flooded every corner of the pantry. Some collided with Dr.D’s shiny chocolat head and bounced off at a spectacular angle making it the most luminous thing in the room. It’s round, it’s shiny..

Hehehehe..for a second I had vivid images of different poses by Mr. Pillay in classroom- 2C back in the early nineties, teaching us impossible girls English (click!) on the 400m track showing off his gluteus maximus with every stride (click!) doing the javelin with his purposeful back arch later looking far into the horizon (click!) driving his car with his shades looking smug (click!)…my black, bald and beautiful English teacher while I was in TKC. I wonder if they are related. Chances are they might..because both are from Seremban.

Dr.D wasn’t actually looking at me. Just obsessively flipping those pages of Ideal Home magazine. His feet were both stretched rudely on the coffee table. Looking lazy, slack, not a care in the world.

Eh, no magazine at work please. I said.

He ignored me and said, wahhhhhhh, crazy laaaa ini rumah. Mana nih. Itu Pangkor nice or not? Sini mari tengok. His eyes boring into the pages as if they were good enough to eat.

I went behind him and squatted to get a better view. It was lovely. The whole house had a traditional, polished wood, immaculate attention to details, authentic finishing, with every inch of malayness look bleeding through every grain of the meranti and jati. It’s glossy, shots were professional and of top quality.

You like ke? I said.

Yaaaa I very like. He said.

I thought I had better leave before he remembers about his MCQ book I promised to bring today which I had deliberately forgotten for the obvious reasons.

I asked him if he could do a discussion on PA catheter reading, more like teaching really and he sighed the answer through his nostrils..

If you must Naj.

I need teaching laaaa..you consultant you must teach me. I grunted.

He kept flipping through the pages as though I hadn’t said anything.

I stood there strumming the mug handle.

You can say go away. I said pushing my luck.

Go away Naj. Eh…this one is better, look at the verandah! Waaaaaaaahh!!

Bontot!!

Just how do you get a boss to teach you a thing or two around here?


***

This evening...

dr_kamrul: hi
najmie21: ?
dr_kamrul: how r u?
najmie21: good
dr_kamrul: do u know me?
dr_kamrul: r u muslim?
najmie21: no
najmie21: am muslim but don't know u
najmie21: am busy
najmie21: sorry
dr_kamrul: do u know me?
najmie21: no
dr_kamrul: ok, later on
najmie21: i don't like answering questions twice
dr_kamrul: i am doctor from dhaka, muslim, had been introduced previously
najmie21: ok good
najmie21: am busy
najmie21: nice of u to msg
najmie21: am not interested
najmie21: i am evil
dr_kamrul: tnx
najmie21: please go away
dr_kamrul: tomar gusti chudi
najmie21: apekejadah?
najmie21: tomagochi gua tau la
dr_kamrul: chudle kapor tolo, ami dukai
najmie21: mari kita tengok dia mau cakap apa
najmie21: kapor kapor mu tulis mana
dr_kamrul: do not shout in own language
dr_kamrul: come in english with shout
najmie21: are you telling yourself?
najmie21: dia ni memang tak makan saman
najmie21: apehal pulak come come shout shout ni
dr_kamrul: come with english
najmie21: doctor, i don't want to be rude but i really have no desire to come in english
najmie21: so may i ask you to stop sending me messages?
najmie21: please thanks
najmie21: semoga hari anda cerah selalu

..................can somebody please slap me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.