Thursday, February 10, 2005

How Do You Know?

I just wonder how much time do people at work spend talking about other people?
I found out today that at least 5 people knew about my little ordeal last Saturday night.

I was sneaking into the stationary cabinet (so huge I can hide in there among those blood forms, pens, tip-exx, markers, you name it), when Nicky booed me from behind also later, proding about the same thing.

(She recently had blisters of cold sore and was told they are called herpes. She spent the whole 12 hour shift surfing the net about herpes and was most unhappy).

So you’ve recovered from the flasher then Naj?

I heard a guy got his willy out in Baracuda, you feeling better?

Oh It’s awful what that jerk did to you isn’t it?

I can’t remember the few others, but Nicky did say that people in that region possibly marry cousins, that’s why they’re a bit of an eejit.

The truth is when I actually agreed to go out with Rachael the Filipino single mum and Nancy the exotic sylphlike Tobago nurse (she danced like a wind), I didn’t know that the place we were going also entertain dimwits.

I was happily minding my own business when Batman and Robin merged out of nowhere trying to finish my sentences. I had a 12 hr shift earlier that day, so it wasn’t really ‘happy hour’ for me. Was out for the company and good music on top of already promised to be the driver for the night.

I turned away, at which point I think every achy joint in my body was saying ‘sod off’ and let the girls do the talking. Little that I know, the whole time, one of the superheroes did the ‘locomotion’ right behind me. I saw the girls going funny algae colour. Rachael didn’t finish her drink and ushered us all out.

The only place close to descent that night was the Chicago Rock, albeit pretty marble WCs without water coming out from any of the taps. On one corner a guy was having a romantic KFC- ‘finger licking good’ moment with a girl whom I am most certain was in the loo queue earlier. Couldn’t help but wonder how long the taps been out of order for.

In the car, going home later that night, they told me what actually happened in Baracuda, after repeatedly reminding me, I must keep my hands on the steering at all time.

Was not livid, maybe because didn’t actually see him doing the offence. I didn’t know.
But what I know is, no more Baracuda.

All of a sudden, I feel like standing up and sing the National Anthem..

Negarakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Tanah tumpahnyaaaaa daaarahkuuu
.

My logic says I miss home.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.