Monday, January 24, 2005

The Massacre

Either way, it was my fault.

I left the internet on for 12 hours and never thought the morning I left for work was the last time I was ever going to see my RCAlogbookV6 again. A year's worth of work was condensed, consolidated, amalgamated in there ready for the college to see. I had 673 cases all nicely logged in, with time, cases and all problems encountered. Ready to be churned and legoed into various reports. It's an evidence that I have been trained to be entrusted with someone's life.

I went home to see the PC hung. Ctr-Alt-del helped to shut down and the Win 2000 restarted. A small DOS window appeared which had:

blablablablabla window blablabla do you want to blabla (Y/N)?

And with half a brain the size of mutated chickpea I clicked YES. The window started displaying one file after another scrolled up the screen labelled- deleted.


Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...stop stop stop. It was too late. The deleting massacre went on for a good 2 minutes. Scrolling up with vengeance and deleting as it went along. Take me instead!!! Take me. Take me. I could only watch. I was paralysed.


When it completely restarted, I was only half puzzled as to why the desktop looked a bit empty. All the mp3 which were lurking about disorganizely before, seemed to have either organized itself or vanished??? I knew then the files had been deleted.


I was in denial, and because I am in England I went to the kitchen to have a cuppa. Cleared my head. Whether or not that's what people do when they accidently, stupidly deleted their own files, I wasn't sure.


I came to my senses and it materialized that I had the most important program in there. The logbook!!!!! In no time I discovered that the program was empty. It then dawned on me that I should properly mourn. It felt dark and future seemed bleak, because I never did any back up files.


It could be a worm or a virus. We don't know but the prognosis is unfavourable. I still believe it's my stupidity. Whichever one it was, I only have myself to blame.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.