Monday, January 31, 2005

AAAaaaChoommm!!

Here I am, like Mike Tyson on the last round, blue black and battered, eyes bewildered but half opened, kilojoules in the muscle mitochondria just enough to throw another punch, hobbling , shuffling and clambering up after a good whack in my face- enough to warrant a prolonged silence. Skewed mouth guard back in the oral cavity. I am blogging again.


I have been sent away from work today, which was good. If only it happens before I actually started working, and not after I have finished the whole morning's list.


I wasn't exactly 100% to start with, but I was determined to make it to work. I was suppose to be working with Dr.D, and I was late the last time I worked with him. He wasn't impressed. So this is like a make up session. I got there nice and early, armed with a box of Kleenex.


In fact, I was very very early my flatmate was worried. I told her I have a cold so I am going to work early. I replayed that in my head and when it didn't make sense I turned to her, see if it made sense to her. She looked at me nonplussed and attempted to say something, but I think it was too early for her to not speak Polish. Not then.


My eyes were watery and itchy. Each time the operating lights sphered into my view I would get this strong gravitation to absorb the showers of lights and my mouth would gape and my nose wriggled and my eyes, watery as it is, started to slit up, and my face screwed almost like when I first tasted the 'mempelam putik' (young sour green mango) Zura and I 'borrowed' from the school 'Taman Science' back when I was 8.


We were going to plant the seeds back under the tree, but because the seeds were as green and as soft as the flesh, Zura sliced them all up and we ate them all. I was scared that in the night the mempelam tree will snake out of our ears and noses, but Zura said it'd only happen to boys. Zura was taller and bigger. I nodded with trust and savoured the forbidden fruit. Zura now has 4 kids and married to somebody from the same village.


Lights do that to me. I find that some people think I am half alien when I explain the phenomena. Even Cik T. Try it, if you feel like sneezing and it's doesn't quite 'come' then look at a source for lights and stare. Don't blink. If it's still not coming lift your tongue a bit, open your mouth a bit. Scratch your top palate and wait. It will come.


I finished seeing all the patients and the white of Dr.D's eyes were no where to be seen. I started without him.

Zusss zassss kreeoookkk plop kreeeeeeeek clunk.tssssssssss..bag bag bag

Ok patient was ready to cook on the table. He was a very very nice, articulate man ( I like that in a man) and he makes spears for a living. I am not sure how many people these days need spears in their daily chores/routine but I am sure he's making a decent dough because his slippers were from Pringles.

Next patient, and another next patient.

All quick quick simple needles and inject and gas and bag bag,
needles inject and gas and bag bag.


In between, I coughed and sneezed and the Kleenex box felt lighter. The pit of my stomach hurt, like how love hurts only that was a bit higher up and lacrimal gland conjuring.

Dr.D never showed up...until..

I was baby sitting the last patient, chirpy Dr.D barged in all happy happy smiley. An entrance you would normally see at a play when one gets a curtain call and reciprocated with a salvo of thundering claps.


It was the same time the fumes of burning flesh made by the diathermy belly-danced it's way into my upper respiratory tract and I barked and fitted agonizing coughs, felt my gut was going to herniate through my ears, brain through my eyes, and I thought I was going to pass out.


I caught the lights trying to simmer my cough, but instead of less noise, I started sneezing and each time, this noise of wailing 'ayam belanda' ( bush turkey) came out from my windpipe. I swear it'd be a hard job trying to reproduce the sound but in the frantic attempt to stop it, it got Kate the assistant laughing, so hard she had to wipe the tears. Kate's very miserable in the morning. You'd be lucky if she speaks to you.


Dr.D : Ahhh on the last patient then. Well done !well done, You deserve a good lunch.


Double door closed behind him. He was gone again. My dominoed sneezing seized fire just as well. Kate looked at me and I frowned at her. What??? Is that it?? Did he not see a display of near death pandemonium?


Caught by Dr.T just outside the changing room at lunch time. How long was he standing there? Did he hear me do a tinkle? How did he know I was in there?


Told me that he heard I wasn't well and told me off for coming to work in the first place. I, according to him was a walking petri dish full of viruses and bacteria. Whatt???

Can't please anybody. AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaachooomm! *Sniff*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.