Sunday, December 19, 2004

I Went to Asda and I Brought Back Miss Worry

£36.12 Posted by Hello


At some point I wish to live close to people that matter to me,


So maybe I 'll live in the lovely Kuala Lumpur aka kayell (american accent best suited this one) aka KL aka kolumpo aka kollo luppow (after a dollop of budu - you would never look down at budu nomore), maybe work in the lovely newly built hi-tech Selayang Medical Centre (check out those Aestiva machines!) ,


Now my mind negates my wish and does what it does best:


Put the exchange rate aside, look at your paycheck:

Would you find a 4 pint semi-skimmed fresh milk for RM 0.89?

Would you get a carton of 2 pint fresh juice for RM 0.75?

Would you get a top shelf filler magazine for RM1.90?

Would you get books like:

A Short History of Nearly Everything -Bill Bryson for RM3.88?
Olivia Joules and the overactive imagination- Helen Fielding for RM3.43?
Do you get books at all in supermarkets?

In UK those are the exact figures in pounds sterling.

"Kita hendaklah memupuk masyarakat membaca dikalangan muda mudi" , inculcating healthy reading habits in youngsters, I hear someone says, so why is it that after hours of contemplating whether to get that book or nasi ayam, one chooses the latter?

It defies logic that 2 most important organs that needing feeding most, need to undergo contending moments like this. Isn't one is no more important than the other?

Some economical calculus stunts may explain this phenomena rather laconicly , but will it be eased anytime soon or at all?

"I live in Kuala Lumpur and I am not materialistic".

I say , really?

I worry for my unborn children. ( 3 is the maximum number, then we negotiate the possibility of clipping those vas deferens, no sayang tak sakit pun, trust me I'm a doctor).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.