Monday, December 20, 2004

I Only Need a Quick Bite

Barely Eaten Posted by Hello



I go to work to get paid to have money to buy food (amongst other things). Today, I went to work, because I have been paid, and I do have money to buy food, but when I went to work with the money I have, to buy food, my work that I do didn't let me use my money, to go and buy food.

When that happens I always feel let down by the system. Anaesthetists see patients much much earlier than the surgeons for pre-anaesthetic checks, so you do start earlier and you are expected to stay with the patients throughout the entire surgery, be it removal of a gargantuan mole or burrhole for subdural haemorrhage evacuation. (Not good if you have a tempremental bladder I tell you).


When the surgery eventually does finish you are still stuck with the patient until the grogginess abates and full orientation and coordination resumes to what it was before.(The patient's and of course, mine as well). Surgeons on the other hand, more often than not, would have buggered off and done sod all for the patient's care by this time.

You then end up running into your lunch time and breaks whenever there is a problem post operatively. (with much auspiciousness that the goodwill you'd done would gain you some covetous extra time to make up for the lost).

Do they comprehend the politics here? No.


That's why I reminded them in my most 'diplomatic' way today and to my delight, it turned out to be a much welcomed reminder. It does make you 'popular', when you speak up, especially when you are tiny and look about 16, but who is there to look after you if it's not yourself? How do you get time if you don't make time for yourself, even for an apple?


Well at least they've stopped calling me Dr. Ahmad now and started addressing me, by my first name, which I found just as well earned only better as it figurates me more.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.