Friday, October 22, 2004

This is it now, you are alone

It's friday night, and a triple whammy weekend. I am to do night duties for 3 nights in a row with the following Monday off(hurrah hurrah). This is also the first night of me doing second on call exclusively all by myself.
Meaning:
1. If a poor soul suddenly decided that he is going to have a cardiac arrest and we manage to bring him back to life ( as we quite competently do so, if we get there on time), he would have to come here to ICU.
2. I would have to set up all the adrenaline pumps and phenylephrine and what nots.
3. I have to set the ventilator.
4. I will have no sleep.
5.I will be groggy in the morning.
5. I will miss my 09:45 appointment with Toni n Guy (oh I still have my student ID badge expiring 2007..and they give 10% discount! weyheyyy!)
6. I will have trouble getting another appointment.
7.My hair will keep growing and and I will have so much split ends that they have to yell to each other to gossip.
Oh back to my job:
8.If a screaming abusive pregnant woman needing an epidural, I would have to go there an do it all by myself. No more holding hands by the bosses. *Isk*
9.If I miss then the boss has to come out of bed and come in at 3 am.
10. The boss will not be impressed and won't sign me off on my compentency form
11. I will walk around with a big L on my forehead (loser),


I am sitting here pissing myself. My bleep went off a while ago and my heart did that little somersault as usual, and my intestine shuddered. Horror!

Phewh it was Dave and he's offering to come in half an hour early tomorow so that I can go off an hour early. Meaning I will not miss my hair appointment, meaning I will feel better coming on duty again tomorrow night. Does that mean I will do well at the epidurals?

Have we established here that this poor little thing is terrified at doing this job as second on call? Yes. I bet if we get a serum cortisol sample of me now it'll be sky high.

That's probably why I get so so much breakouts nowadays, that the relapsing remitting phases just fail to demarcate themselves and now it's almost like a permanent thing. Gone those peachy baby's bottom cheeks.. hello spotty spock! Doesn't help being called a 16 year old by one of the patients last week.
Conclusion? Please dear God let tonight have mercy on me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.