Friday, October 22, 2004

One Mia for 7 angels

Another day like that, and I am seriously going to MC myself.Too much emotions volleyed.
The day started with 7 patients on the gynaecology list. Anaesthetist: Dr Ahmad. Surgeon: Gynae Reg.Who? It didn't say the name of the Gynae Reg. So the gynae registrar didn't have a name. I thought well there's always a first to everything.

Saw all the patients and they all seemed fine. Gassable and won't die.That's the definition of fine to put it simply.Out of the seven, 4 were vacuum suctions. Hang on a minute. Vacuum suction where? the ear? the nose. Yes..down below. Why have they not changed it to 'Termination of pregnancies'?or'We like killing small little creatures' or 'We think we know better'.Du'uh.

I thought I couldn't do this.It's not right, but then there are so many things which have not been right for a while now and all I ever did was thinking about it.Not a thing done to change them.This one I can't take very long to decide.

She looked at the list, looked at the watch, list, watch, list , watch..OH! Stuff it.. I'll just do them. £60 per terminations multiply by four and that is what? £240? Well that's what I was told anyway. The reason for them paying an extra private cash? Will ask. But how do you ask things pertaining to money to anyone without that kerchhing dollar signs in the eyes? You are thinking too much. You are not really killing anything. You are just putting them to sleep and the procedure itself takes about 5 minutes. No big deal. It is a big deal. There's a creature in there and it's going to be someone. I am a killer? No, I helped to have the creatures get killed..urghh I am mourning..but for who?what? and why? Because life seemed to glide past you without letting you take a step back and glance at your list of principles? Because I conspired to denying innocent souls of chance to live? Could I have saved them? Nope!It might get delayed for now but it'll get done inevitably. I just won't be part of it.Would they be worse off not being born at all?

It was more like a production line for walker's crisps factory. One body in, off to sleep..in there, legs up and out and *sccchhluupps* out you go. Next...and next and next.The bodies are young, fresh, fertile yet empty.

I didn't sahur in the morning and by 11 am I was wilting away and for some bizarre reasons, I was giggly. What was 90mph was going at 5mph.

Bill came up with all sorts of lines to convince me that it's actually very justified to eat a lump of miniature snickers he nicked from the maternity ward.
'Oh look it's dark, it must be winter already!!' try again Bill...
'Naj you've worked so hard for 3 hours surely God will cut you some slack and look,you are tiny li'll thing anyway!'..I took a deep breath in an attempt to explain but I ended up throwing a crumpled paper towel at him and chuckled away.Just about.. Absolutely no energy.

Physical plus emotional wringing morning that is and the right stuff drip-drabbed waiting to be mopped up again.


I was left alone finding my solitude when the beeper went off and it's the maternity ward. They wanted an epidural on a lady who was screaming the place down, climbing up the wall and could and would try and bite the head-off the midwife. Sounded like it's going to be a rather turbulent afternoon. I got there with Steve in good time.

Well the midwive seemed pleased and that's a rarity.The scream was audible even from the corridor, and when we actually got into the room..it's not a pretty sight.

The one McQuaid put in earlier didn't seem to work, or at least it didn't after the initial good dose of numbing juice. The sister was standing by in a rather derogatory pose. Arms akimbo, legs apart ready to throw some punches. So takut man. Look it's not my fault the thingy doesn't work!!!Heishhh these people have missed it completely. Epidural is a luxury..and labour is natural and it's suppose to be painful. Who invented epidural again? Troublemaker!!*Grumble*grumble

After much talking and persuasions later another epidural went in. So chaffed , so confident that it would work. No doubt, it'll work. I was smitten. 10 minutes later. The midwive came back out shaking her head. Steve went 'Nooooooooooo!!' What do you meant it 's not working ? We saw it going in! Argghhhhhh!!!This one is a serious case of pain escalation by proxy..she's not in pain..she's feigning it.

I was sooo mortified I just couldn't bring myself to talk to the lady again..not with the sister in there. One good thing from this is, the midwives were on my side. Another rarity. As I was writing things down Mr. Mueller the gynae boss came round.He was surprised that I was all over the place, and told me I was excellent this morning on that Gynae list. Really? Let's do an expression replay, startled eyes, mouth half opened and do a crease in between the eyebrows and now,*Blink* again *Blink*

Rushed to the theatre for the elective caesarian section. Took me 15 minutes to zap in the numbing juice into the spinal fluid and within 2 minutes the lady went 'gosh I think I've lost me legs' I went 'goooooood, that's what we want'. Very pleased we went in and she was slashed open in no time and after a few good tuggings and pushings a baby girl was out.

'What's your name doctor?' Common enough question and I said 'Dr Ahmad'.
'But that's a boy's name in tit? she frowned.
'Oh my first name ? It's Najmiah as in Nudge-me-ah'I was blushing I swear.
'Excellent! That'll do ey Dave?'looking up to her partner with hands
interlocking.
'We'll call her Mia', big big grin..My heart did a little flip and I wanted to hug both of them...joy! joy! and breaking fast was 57 minutes away.*Droool*

Comments:
Mia?
I like that name :))

Though I can't picture myself referring to you as Mia.

Hm.. maybe I should try eh? I mean, Mia is a good name. It fits for a Princess, even.
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.