Monday, September 06, 2004

To laugh or not to laugh

I was working with Moeser the german today. I can really talk to this guy. He is neither paternalistic, pedantic nor brash. Never allowed himself to be called the boss but the room silts with his authority.

We were waiting for our last patient at 4 pm.
Location:Right in the middle of the corridor.
Standers: Sam, Moeser, Chandra and Naj
Moeser started one of his almost always dirty , if not rude joke sessions.

A junior anaesthetist called the consultant anaesthetist at home for help.

JA:hello may i speak to Dr.X the consultant please, I need his advice.
Wife: Sorry but my husband died a week ago.
JA: oh sorry

*Click

A week later when the same junior anaesthetist was on call again,

JA: Hello may I speak to Dr.X the consultant on call please.
Wife: I'm sorry but my husband passed away 2 weeks ago. Sorry, but who is this?
JA: It's the on call junior anaesthetist
Wife: didn't you call last week?
JA: Yes , I'm very sorry.

*Click

A week later when again, the junior anaesthetist was on call again

JA: hello may I speak to Dr.X the consultant please
Wife: It's you again. My husband has been dead for 3 weeks. Does the hospital not know about this?
JA: Yes, we do but it feels good to hear it over and over again.

The three boys laughed and laughed. I'm sure Moeser was wetting himself. Sam was pissing himself. Chandra chuckled. I thought..german!

Comments:
:-)
 
I almost shit'n in my g-string! That is one funny joke!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.