Sunday, September 05, 2004

The not so grim kampung Grimsby

I was in Grimsby town centre for the first time today, after being here for nearly 4 weeks now. I would say the move has been rather smooth and I am settling reasonably well (I still need a CD stacker..that nice one from IKEA) and getting along with my flatmate Yvette reasonably well. It must be the shift work in A&E that's getting to her on some days or maybe just the hormone thing.So de very moody at times. Been there done that so I know what it's like to rush around trying to meet the 4 hour waiting time in A&E.No way I'm going back there.Overated, overworked..underpaid.

I was looking around for a descent pair of shoes to go with any of the dresses I've got.I had them for ages but dare not wear them..yet . I guess this Gas Ball is a very good reason to let my hair down a bit, not literally though because I think I'd rather put my hair up. Always , for a while now I feel more comfortable with my hair up.

My impression of Grimsby was..grim. Fishy town lots of smoke, smelly and dusty. I parked at MFI and just to alleviate that guilty feeling of parking free, I strutted into MFI ..looking for errr a sofa? *whistle* ya right.Mana nak letak? I did a quick tour.Some young couples are busy touching the sofa, the bed, the dining table..yada yada yada.. Gosh I really need a place of my own..really now. A bachelorette pad. Where I can just ..nevermind. It'll happen. Patience Naj is the essence here. I liked the space-saver wardrobe organizer.What a brilliant idea. It's sawnky, the way things slide in and out, and disappear leaving a sheek, simple surface..cool to the eyes calming to my nerves. Can't stand mess. Really can't.

I then walked across to Freshney place. A mini Midvalley? Well at least everything was under the same roof. Founf the essentials. Dorothy Perkins, NEXT, Vodafone and bang in the middle STARBUCKS! Huuuuu yeah.

So there I was looking for the right shoes still thinking maybe Dave the rotamaker will forget that I am going to it and put me down as being on-call. Then I can just go 'opps I can't go now I'd be on call'. Just maybe...He's already said that he'll make sure I won't be on this Saturday. I really hate doing this shoe match handbag match dress thing. Oh yes..don't forget the handbag. Double urrghhh.

Surprise surprise! I didn't find the pair I wanted. Oh well maybe that flimsy 3 inch at Topshop. It won't work for me though. I'll just wreck them unmercifully. Although I am a petite UK 8, I have a fairly disproportionate feet.fairly? VERY! Bak used to call me 'kewweng'. Meaning kaki kapal- all the toes fan out making the kaki look wider.

So what did I end up with? 3 lovely tops from Dorothy Perkins instead.Tak tahan laaa. Slap*slap* It's a good deal though. It's in , hip and the material is so major. It'll go well with some nice hipsters I already bought last year.

I walked out of HMV and all shops were closed.It was 16:30. And it's scorching, but best weekend weather by far. I thought I'll just have a walk and see what this town has to offer. Found Barclays, so that's good. The post office was just next to it. Further along there's a square with some lovely restaurants and cafes.Parity, Chicago Cafe and FUSED.. Not bad at all...oh yah and of course Pizza Hut.

To the end of the road was a big old church. The lawn was generous and some teens were playing ..or rather messing about. I turned on myself to get back to MFI when I heard 'Oi skir'ie, oi skir'ie look 'ere..oii look ere.' I looked over and there was this young ginger haired, full of freckled boy grinning at me about 10 yards away. He's rongak and dirty. I hastened my pace and he kept calling.isk..nak ajak main bola ke? I had a rather narrow skirt on with no splits which made my strides rather small. Urrrmmm....lalalalalalalallalllaal..keep walking..keep walking act cool..stupid boy.

I came to a junction, left to Cleethorpe (beach beach beach yea yea yea) and right ..back to my dingy flat. I turned left and drove on. Why left? Dunno. Got to Cleethorpe and the place was dotted with seminakedness and it was heaving! Urmmm..bosannya.

I U turned fairly promptly and found myself in a tailback.Oiiiii move it move it.I'm cooking already. It was moving sooo slowly so I decided to ring J. He's feeling sticky and bored but chatty.Thank you to you I then got lost, however as always , the best way for me to learn my way arounda new place is to get lost...very eventful indeed.

Urgghhh tomorrow's Monday..now that's bad.

Comments:
i miss you
 
starbucks, size 8, and old dresses


-2006 December 06-
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.