Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I weeeeelll puuut zeee neeedell in ze hand plis

I'm sitting down here

hey you can't see me

Kind of invisible you don't sense my stay

Not really hiding not like a shadow..

Lalalalalallala


Where am I? I am hiding in the Intensive Care Unit coffee room. Another 15 minutes and Sam will be here to take over from Jo and me. I have been working hard today, so I deserve this jam donuts. *coorrrrrrrrrrrrr nyum nyum*

I appeared unusually on time this morning, but McNeil was already here taking the handover from Richard. I just gracefully joined in, and you know that you're ok when they include you in the conversation and actually ask for your opinion.

Gosh ..I have been pretty obsessed with time keeping of late, as I have been ruthlessly late for every single thing that I had to do.

Could it be that I no longer know how to prioritise? Could it be that I have , subconsciously planned a cunning way to appear cool calm and collected when things pear shaped? Could it be that there is something else I longed to get out of the way?

Back to reality..what did I do today? Stuck a great tripple lumen line down Mr.Bed 1's neck. Stuck a great big needle in Mrs. Bed 3's forearm.

Banged the trolley containing Mrs. Bed 4 and the ventilator and the monitor, the defibrillator and the rest of life-saving-what-nots against the double door.

We were taking Mr.Bed 4 to the CT scanner. What? Who are you calling useless?I am not a bloody porter! McNeil was pushing and he did exactly that...so none of it was my fault.

He reminded me to put 'Has attained a high level of dexterity for steering patients' trolleys akin to that of a skilled NHS porter'in my CV..monkeylah I thought.Portering service here is appalling...I just don't know where to begin.

Oh and and...pronounced Mrs Bed 5 dead. *sigh*

1.Eyes-fixed dilated pupils non reacting to lights
2.No signs of breathing
3.No pulse, no heart beat
4.No reaction to pain

I pronounce Mrs. Bed 5.. Dead? Deceased?RIP?Which one?


She didn't look peaceful to be completely honest...her face was almost saying 'What? I have to go now?'

Death is inevitable, a sure thing and is encroaching upon us by the second. Creepy

Hhuhuuhuhuuh...Sam is here..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.