Friday, September 03, 2004

How long do you leave it before...

Yvette has gone to Brussel to meet her sister. The flat feels empty.She was telling me about the break up with Anand. A four year relationship ended yesterday.

She seemed happy though. Not as happy as when Anand was here. Who wouldn't? He flew all the way from Cape Town just to spend 2 days with her. Lucky so and so I thought then.

Last Friday was her birthday and we went to Khomran's house. Sheek,sleek, crisp minimalist concept. The kitchen was I-want-exactly-like-it. Yvette made pasta with some herbal minty creamy saucy and she left it up to me to do the salad..since that's what I do everyday to make my plate looking rather 'organic'.

This bachelor has a place to die for with all the state of the art pots and pans and pasta strainer, but to actually find them is rather challenging.

He desn't know what, how or when to use the stuff in the kitchen.He spent ages looking for the pasta strainer. Skali tengok he looked very like selling periuk belanga already.Evidently the fridge was filled with cans and bottles. Not a substantial food in sight.

Kate the health worker assistant turned up prompt..looking rather peachy.Then it was Donna and GP hubby Julian. Lorraine turned up fashionably late. We ate and bitch and gossip and some pictures taken. That was nice.

I went to pick up Nicolate at the station as well since I was the only one not drinking. Nicolate was tall ..barbie doll girl ..by that I mean blonde and gorgeous. Yvette is Yvette. Short hair hates skirt and what-is-lipstick kind of a girl.

Have you ever heard of the act of knocking the inside of the car three times when you cross a yellow light?..itu syirik ke? This is what we do in South Africa, for luck, they said...but never 5 times in the same car. I then gently let go of the accelerator. Baca bismillah or not tadi? On the fifth yellow light we crossed, I started knocking the side of my door..peer pressure? Yvette and Nicolate cracked up

My mind was elsewhere, I wanted to be in London.

'You don't drink at all Naj?' Donna beamed a full set of crowned incisors at me. Hmmm nice
'No I don't'..I would have troubled myself with the whatnots the whys of me not drinking ..but urgghh not that night.This teetotal wanted to chiow to London and be with her friends.

Last night was the second night I heard Khomran's voice in her room..he left in the morning. I could be wrong, but Khomran's is distinctively paki. Ayyo so jahat. Two days before I saw the new Pink Lacoste perfume from Anand on Yvette's bed. Five days before I saw Anand in the flat. I am yet to see Khomran..again for the first time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.