Monday, September 13, 2004

The Gassy Gas Ball

Saturday afternoon came and I was ready to go to Deepa's house. I knew I had to get some things to go with the black dress but what?

I dashed about almost frantically in and out of Monsoon and Body Shop and Superdrug in Princes Quay.I had no idea what and how I was going to do my makeup and hair..b***y gas ball.


This is worse than preparing for my final year clinical..ok ok maybe it's a bit over the top but I swear I was pissing my self. Part of it was due to my effortless attempt at putting everything to the very last minute and the rest was just sheer laziness. I just wished i've done that ages ago and just chill on Saturday.

I found myself sitting at a table of 11 people. Deepa and hubby, Kevin and Cheryl, Gus and ...sexy girl wearing a dress from Monsoon, Dave and another sexy girl with a dress from Debut, Ann Marie with hubby..I honestly have no idea where she got that dress from...and of course there's me!


Honestly I felt rather out of place. Had I not been a passanger to the Sanu's I would have left after the bread and butter made their appearance.

I kept glancing at my chest. Was it just me or it's just a little bit too popped out?Is it that obvious? Deepa didn't seem to say anything..I digged into the halibut with chive sauce. Hmmm..bland? I looked around and everybody seemed ecstaticly enticed by the look of the dishes..but it's bland bland bland. Come on people.

Mary-Ann who was sat next to me kept popping questions about my my previous job in Hull Infirmary.It's amazing how people can come up with all sorts of questions when we all know they don't really care about what the answers were.


A bit like me walking past Graham going 'aight Greaem' ..and he goes 'u aight Naj' and it'll be the same again next time. We'll probably talk again properly when we actually work together fixing some broken pins in theatre 7, but till then it's 'aights' and back.

Andrea Tate, Phil Burford and Darren Walkley were my favourite Regs and I was so glad to see them.Genuinely glad.*Genuine grin*We talked about almost everything that happened over the past year which we all agreed had past us so quickly.


Some funny moments and some people whom we've agreed should have retired from the department ages ago.We all know who ...We then realized that the gossiping session kept being disturbed by a lot of 'excuse-me's. We were actually blocking the entrance to the ladies and gents! Us anaesthetists are forever considerate but no matter how hard we try we always seem to be 'in the way'at the same time.

The band was playing I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL and suddenly Watson from the table next to us grabbed my hand and literally dragged me to the dancefloor. I was stunned amidst the blaring letric guitar.


It was rather amusing to see him doing the one leg hopping act (I am sure there's a name for it).The floor was covered with ladies and gentlemen clambering one another and Watson at this point was closely resembling a type of Borneo mammal which favourite pastime is nit picking. Huurmmmmm...

I got home and vaguely remember feeling grateful that the next day was going to be Sunday...owhhhh my neck!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.