Saturday, August 21, 2004

Low battery

I was told that this is going to be a 1 in 5 rota. Then how come i've had 3 on calls this week??I am so knackered.
Night before last 390 bleep had a low battery. I kept ignoring the warning. I came to the flat at 2 am to just try and see if I could do the on call from the flat. I don't mind that room off B2 ward, the bed is lovely and the desk is bigger. I just hate the passing clonking noise of the passersby. I woke up 9:30 and i thought uuuweyyy i slept like a log undisturbed. Didn't have to even wake up to some 'ulat' asking for cannula service. This is what happened last Saturday

Time: 2am
beep* beep*
*eyes shut* *Deep breath*...*smile*
Naj: on call anaesthetist ...
*uh uh where did that oh-I'm-so-awake -nothing-is-too-much-trouble come from??auto-pilot mode resume.
Ulat: ..err I mm.. sorry to trouble you. Emm i've tried 3 times and i think the patient is fed up now.
Oh ulat.
Naj: Come again? what? who' u? what have u tried?
*oh gawwwwwwwwddd*
Ulat: oh sorry I'm one of the surgical house officers, and this patient needs 12 am cefuroxime dose...and I've tried 3 times and the reg has gone to bed

*he's gone to bed??what am I doing then??partial bloody shift???
Naj :Ok..your reg should do it really. Why don't you do that , give him a bleep and get back to me if that doesn't work? Is that ok?
Ulat: oh ok. Thank you very much.Sorry
Click.
Get back to me? What was I thinking?? It's August and all ulats are new at this time of year. Give em a break. Plus she said thank you. I knew what it was for..yea i don't shout to ulats..they are comel really, just irritating and creepy crawly. Can't live with them can't live without them.

I went to the kitchen to make coffee and the 'after-bleep' reminder kept beeping. I hurried to the living room and scuffed through piles of papers and books and last night's muller peel-off cover??euugghhh Naaaaaaaaaajjjj!!! I am so disgusting that needs to go in the bin.

I looked at the bleep and there it was. 3 bleeps. One of which was the switch board. Crap! I'm in trouble. Why did i not hear it. It says low battery..but but i am a light sleeper anyway. Damn. why did i leave it the living room. Bad bad bad girl. I so hate myself right now.

Went back to the room and do apa-patut to my face and rushed out. Crap. McNeil's cell saver logbook proposal. Rushed back up and got the paper. Printed it out on the back of one of the aprraisal sheets. He is so going to know that I did it last minute and had not put much thought into it, and I am so not up this cell saver audit type project. Wait..urghh got a spot on the left cheek.more crap

I brisk walked to the department and the audit meeting has started. I looked at Samaan. He didn't give one of those I-will-kill you look at me. Just a glanced past where I was sitting. Deepa said something about critical incident report. So the takut. Did anybody die? ...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Links
nursing uniforms
Raglan Top in Amber Glow
Raglan-$14.95
Buy Scrubs at Scrubsgallery.com
and save.